Sunday, May 3, 2009

One thing at a time.

I'm in Frankfurt on my layover without my MacBook.

Boingo is working out fine on the iPhone, no issues.

Skype is working well. Voice quality is excellent on the iPhone.

I can check my emails and websites just fine on the iPhone. I can Skype home. I'm updating my blog. I just can't do It all at the same time like I can on my MacBook.

The iPhone doesn't multitask. It can only run one app at a time. If I'm chatting on skype and I want to check out a website I have to log out and start safari. Skype can't run in the background while I'm on the web. I have to restart Skype to continue my chat.

If there's a Achilles heel to the iPhone, I think it's the lack of multitasking. The ability to run more than one app at a time is missing. I always have 4 or 5 apps open on my MacBook, it's what I'm used to.

Still, it beats not being online. I can get things done. And it's incredible that I can fit all of this capability in my pocket.






-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: