Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Favorite iPhone Apps While on the Road


From the very first day I've been a huge fan of Apple's iPhone. I waited in line for the debut at AT&T in St. Pete, and I was at the Apple Store in Tampa for the 2nd generation rollout.

Since I travel for a living, I've used my iPhone in more places than just about anybody. So, what travel apps do I use the most?

Boingo Wifi $7.95 a month for unlimited wifi access around the world. I use this all the time while traveling. It works at most airports and hotels. I've used the Boingo international plan for my laptop, but it's expensive at $59 a month. I'm learning to do with the iPhone on trips.

Skype Yes, they finally came out with Skype for the iPhone. What can I say, it works. Get it now. I use Skype all the time to call home from overseas. Free

Flights Lets you track flight status and check schedules in the US and Canada. An essential aid for commuting pilots! $2.99

Aero Weather A great weather app for pilots. It even decodes METARs and TAFs into plain english (for non pilots). Free

iWeathr A web app that gives quick easy access to weather radar around the US. Free

Mobile Translator Translates from English to any of 37 languages. Needs a data connection to work. It can actually speak! $4.99

I've got 8 screens of apps on my iPhone. These are just some of the apps I use while on the road.

Enjoy!




No comments: