Monday, January 18, 2010

Safari, still

After trying out Google Chrome and Firefox, Safari is still my browser of choice. Some of the features of the others I like, but it's hard to beat Safari's integration with the Mac and iPhone using Mobile Me. This is especially handy if you're using more than one Mac like I am now. All of my bookmarks and calendars are synched between my 2 Macs and the iPhone. I love the way Apple stuff works.

Robert loaned me his Mac Pro and the 30" Apple Cinema Display while he's at FSU. He's very happy with the performance of his 17" Macbook Pro and has no immediate use for the Mac Pro and 30" monitor.

Using the 30" monitor is something else. It's like the difference between watching a great movie on television and seeing it in IMAX! No more spaces and multiple desktops--they're not needed. Everything fits on the screen. Aperture photos are incredible when seen fullscreen.

For all of that, I'm typing this on the Macbook Air, it still has a place in my life. Sometimes simple is better. It depends on the task, for Aperture I'll obviously use the 30" and Mac Pro.




No comments: